This podcast is different from the things I usually feature on the show – but I love children and wanted to take the time to focus on a topic that can help children who desperately need our help, our love and our compassion. There are also many things that about foster parenting that can impact relationships with the entire family when people take in foster children – so sit back and let’s listen to the many things Dr John can share with us about the experiences him and his wife have had with their family and the over 50 foster children… yes, you read that right.
Airing September 8, 2016 6 pm PT/9 pm ET
Ready for Love Radio
or the New Visions Radio app
If you missed the show when it premiers, click below for the replay.
These are some of the questions we’ll discuss:
- the impact of foster parenting on a relationship
- ways to prepare to be a foster parent
- preparing the parents and children to bring a foster child into the home
- special needs of the foster child in the home
- ways to protect the foster child
- building self-esteem and self-confidence of a foster child
- how kids in foster care come into a foster home,
- what foster parenting is all about.
- How can people help children in foster care today?
About Dr John DeGarmo
Dr. John traveled and performed around the world with the international super group Up With People, where he met his wife from Australia. Dr. John and his wife have been parents to over 50 children as foster and adoptive parents.
Dr. John has appeared on Good Morning America, and other TV programs across the world, as well as being a much sought after and requested radio guest. He and his family were the subject of a reality TV show pilot.
Dr. John writes for the Huffington Post, and is a best selling author of several books. Dr. John travels the nation speaking to foster parents, social workers, churches, businesses, and organizations as a highly sought after inspirational and motivational speaker and has appeared on stage around the world as a performer. He has worked in radio on two different continents, and even worked for several years in the world of Professional Wrestling.