Holidays + Family = Stress
We all wish that wasn’t true but most of the time the holidays plus family is a recipe for stress. How can we change that? What can we do to make the holidays less stressful and more enjoyable? That’s a question many people face every year.
I’m Nikki Leigh, a Love Coach and the host of Ready for Love Radio. In November 2017, I invited Dr LeslieBeth Wish and Kristy Heart, a Life Coach to join my radio show and we discussed these topics and more.
Thursdays 6 pm PT/9 pm ET
Listen on www.newvisionsradio.com
Or TuneIn or Nobex App on Mobile Devices
Need a Replay Listen at www.newvisionsradio.com
Friday 7 pm PT/Friday 10 pm ET
Saturday 9 pm PT/Sunday 12 Midnight ET
Sunday 12 Midnight PT/Monday 3 am ET
If you miss either part, the archives are posted below.
Part 1 –
powered by podcast garden
Part 2 –
The book – Dysfunctional Family and Holiday Gatherings…
After the show we decided to put our thoughts on paper and to share them in the pages of a book. We also invited several other coaches to join us. We’re also sharing a link to a replay of the show so you can hear everything we have to say on these topics.
Join Dr LeslieBeth Wish, Kristy Heart a Life and Business Coach, Raeeka Yaghmai a Dating and Relationship coach, Susan Ball a Women’s Freedom Coach and Self-Love Activist, Todd Creager a marriage and sex therapist and myself, a Love and Relationship Coach. We will each share our perspectives and our advise on a wide variety of questions about holidays, family, and how to deal with the ensuing stress.
NOW in the Kindle Store –https://www.amazon.com/Dysfunctional-Family-Holiday-Gatherings-Uncomfortable-ebook/dp/B0788KXJDW
For my Love Accept and Respect Yourself Program – its a GREAT Gift for yourself or your loved ones, click the link above or the banner below for full details…
Find out more about the Love Accept and Respect Yourself program directly from Nikki –
Questions from Part 1 of the interview –
- Do we have to deal with family?
- Managing expectations with family members
- Understand holiday movies are fictional
- Learning to control our emotions during the holidays
- How to play “Holiday Bingo”
- Line up your allies and support system before holiday events
- Tips for single listeners attending family events
- Tips to be emboldened with your family
- The dominatrix mindset – use courage, confidence & charisma
- Tips for step parents for family holiday events
- Prepare step children for family events
Questions in Part 2 –
- How can each of us help recently divorced family members
- How do we handle it when others let their children run wild
- Suggestions for people who feel lonely during the holidays whether they are single or in a relationship
- How do you feel about negative feelings
- The difference between being lonely and being alone
- How do we deal with negative and meddlesome family members
- What should do do when family don’t include our dates or intimate partners in family gatherings
- Is it possible to be relaxed during the holidays
- Why are we treated like children when we are around family
- What about people who are depressed during the holidays