During this time of year, the holiday push begins and the holiday stress starts. That stress and that push only increases between now and the end of the year. For that reason, it seemed like a good idea to do a show about holiday stress and how to deal with it in your relationship. We love our families, but let’s be honest, they can drive us crazy and especially around the holidays and other special events. Dr LeslieBeth Wish and I will discuss how the family dynamics, relationship issues and the holidays can create a synergy that can drive us crazy — and how to deal with it.
If you missed the show Thursday, you can check out the replay below –
These are some of the questions we discuss:
- Tell us about your qualifications to work in this field.
- How do you describe what you do and how you help people?
- Why are the holidays with family often so challenging for people?
- What do people say is the biggest problem?
- What are the most common mistakes people make when they are with their family for the holidays?
- What are common–and often dreaded–family behaviors?
- What are the top tips for avoiding these traps?
- What can we do to get through the holidays as a single person?
- How do you handle family members getting offended because you don’t want to celebrate them?
About Dr LeslieBeth Wish
Dr. LeslieBeth Wish, Ed.D. is an award-winning and nationally recognized author licensed clinical psychotherapist, specializing in helping you get smart, brave and intuitive in your love, life and work. Dr. Wish is the author of her book, “Smart Relationships,” which is based on five years of research with thousands of couples. The National Association of Social Workers has placed her on their list of the Top Fifty Who Have Contributed to the Profession. She is also the subject of biographical entry in many of the Marquis Who’s Who Publications for her pioneering work with women. To receive 3 gift books and learn about her next project on training your love intuition, sign up on her website, www.lovevictory.com