Tonight Lord Morpheous joins me to discuss his work and the creative art of rope bondage and his latest book How to be Knotty. It is fascinating and a totally new topic for me, so I have lots of questions and he is definitely the man to ask. We’ll learn how he got into this, how he helps people learn more, how his sex education work benefits people, his thoughts on BDSM and 50 Shades of Grey and much more. We will also be holding a giveaway in the chatroom – just join us during the live show at www.newvisionsradio.com and click on the bouncing bubble to join us. Join us to find out how you can qualify to win a copy of the book.
Thursdays 6 pm PT/9 pm ET
Or listen on mobile devices on the TuneIn App
If you miss the show the archive is posted below
Questions We Discuss –
1. First of all, for our listeners who might be new to the concept, what is BDSM?
2. What is rope bondage, and what does it mean to you?
3. You’ve been a community organizer in the BDSM world for years. What makes you so invested in the bondage community?
4. You run Morpheous’ Bondage Extravaganza. What is this and why is it so important to you?
5. What differs between the way the BDSM community approaches sex and the way “vanilla” people approach sex?
6. What do you think is the most misunderstood facet of BDSM?
7. With things like the 50 Shades of Grey books and films and the resulting mainstream acceptance of BDSM, do you think things are getting better or worse in terms of understanding?
8. What could we do to facilitate greater integration of the BDSM community with the mainstream?
9. What can “vanilla” couples or singles learn from the BDSM community, even if they’re not interested in exploring BDSM activities?
Special Note from Morpheous – “I will be donating all my proceeds from 2017 to a charity that supports victims of domestic violence, based in Toronto, Canada www.equalitycanada.com As a survivor of domestic violence I encourage you to help support people and families who don’t personally have the resources or support to escape a dark part of their lives.“
Contact Lord Morpheous Online
How to be Knotty: The Essential Guide to Modern Rope Bondage is intended for those who have a little experience with rope bondage and want to learn more. Whether you’ve been tying for years or have already read one bondage book and want to know more, Morpheous’s easy-to-understand teaching style and phenomenal full-color photos will show you exactly how to achieve over 20 ties in full step-by-step detail.
Additional chapters cover safety, equipment, different schools of rope bondage and how to safely and sexily bring rope bondage into your sex life. As always with Morpheous’ books, communication, fun, and safety are at the forefront of this fantastic rope guide that provides everything you need to advance in rope bondage. You’ll never be bored on a Friday night again.
About Lord Morpheous –
Morpheous is a noted sex educator, author, photographer and kinkster. He holds a Bachelor of Arts (Honours Visual Arts) and a Bachelor of Education, with a concentration in Adult education.
Morpheous presents around the world doing outreach to both academic and kink-aware safer sex organizations. He teaches a variety of workshops on kink and BDSM and is the author of four alternative sexuality educational guidebooks entitled ‘How to Be Kinky: A Beginner’s Guide to BDSM’, ‘How to Be Kinkier: More Adventures in Adult Playtime’, ‘Bondage Basics: Naughty Knots and Risqué Restraints You Need to Know’ and his newest book, entitled ‘How to be Knotty’
He is the founder of Morpheous’ Bondage Extravaganza (MBE), the world’s largest public bondage exhibit over the past 10 years.
Morpheous’ work in BDSM outreach, including his writings and photography, is archived in the Sexual Representation Collection of the University of Toronto’s Mark S. Bonham Centre for Sexual Diversity Studies; the Museum of Sex in New York City and at the Leather Archives and Museum in Chicago. He has also contributed to the new Human Sexuality textbook, Department of Psychology for Universities.